Thank you for making time to vote- 69.8% of all eligible voters cast a ballot-a great turnout! Thank you to the teams at each school that ran the balloting process.
Q1. Shall the professional employees of Blount County Schools undertake Collaborative Conferencing with the Blount County Board of Education?
A.Yes 538 (98.7%)
B. No 7 (1.3%)
Q2. Which of the following organizations would you prefer to represent you in collaborative conferencing?
A. BCEA 496 (91%)
B. PET 15 (2.7%)
C. Unaffiliated 26 (4.7%)
D. None of the above 6 (1.1%)
WHEN: Thursday, December 11th right after school.
WHERE: At your school
WHAT: The ballot will have two questions. The questions are worded differently because of state law, but basically say:
1. Should we conference?
2. What organization should represent teachers in conferencing?
WHY?: Vote YES on question 1 & BCEA on question 2 so we can continue collaborative conferencing with the Board (State law requires a vote every 3 years). Over the last two years, conferencing resulted in an $460 increase on the base, a step increase, and an increase to starting salary. Currently, the conferencing team is discussing salary and benefits. We want to continue representing teachers and advocating for improvements to working conditions and benefits to make things better for you and your students.
WHO: All certified staff that spend the majority of their time working with students are eligible to vote.
Monday October 20th 2014, 5:30pm.
Watch the Official Trailer: http://youtu.be/dzvD9v7CbEE
4614 Asheville Hwy, Knoxville, TN 37914
Weaving interviews of policy experts and startling facts with the lives and careers of four teachers, American Teacher tells the collective story by and about those closest to the issues in our educational system — the 3.2 million teachers who spend every day in classrooms across our country.
Welcome Back to School!
Why am I a member?
- Because my voice is stronger when it’s united with educators across Tennessee.
- Because TEA leadership took my concerns state leaders and guaranteed INDIVIDUAL planning time, stopped forced correlation of TVAAS and observation scores, and made sure my license is protected.
- Because they share my concerns with our Central Office, School Board, and local legislators.
- Because they keep me informed via email, facebook & newsletters.
- Because they help me save money through my access card.
- Because I have the security of knowing I have access to legal assistance and representation if I need it.
- Because they help me improve my instruction through PD opportunities like the Spring Symposium and the New Teacher Conference.