Welcome Back to School!
Why am I a member?
- Because my voice is stronger when it’s united with educators across Tennessee.
- Because TEA leadership took my concerns state leaders and guaranteed INDIVIDUAL planning time, stopped forced correlation of TVAAS and observation scores, and made sure my license is protected.
- Because they share my concerns with our Central Office, School Board, and local legislators.
- Because they keep me informed via email, facebook & newsletters.
- Because they help me save money through my access card.
- Because I have the security of knowing I have access to legal assistance and representation if I need it.
- Because they help me improve my instruction through PD opportunities like the Spring Symposium and the New Teacher Conference.
Please vote FOR directing a share of the 2.6 million in sales tax COUNTY residents are already paying towards COUNTY students. Vote FOR the resolution on May 6th!
Check your April Newsletter for education-friendly local candidates.
Teachers gathered at WBHS tonight to discuss value added scores, or TVAAS. TVAAS is a statistical ESTIMATE that was originally designed to aid education research. It has a wide standard error. Researchers state that it should not be used as the single determining factor in high stakes decisions, like licenses and evaluations. Teachers are not afraid of evaluations, but ask for fair measures of their work. TEA is advocating for change at the state level. You can help by contacting your legislators. Find them easily using the links on TEA’s advocacy page.